The Pros And Cons of A Tankless Water Heater
Installing a tankless water heater, also known as an on-demand or instant water heater, is an option that more and more homeowners are switching over to. Take a look at this list of the pros and cons of tankless water heaters, so you can determine whether this home upgrade is right for you.
- Unlike traditional water heaters, tankless units can provide your household with hot water in an instant. They heat water directly without the use of a storage tank, providing a continuous supply of hot water.
- Most tankless water heaters can last for about 20 years. With proper care and maintenance, you may even be able to extend the life of your unit to a few more years.
- If you want to save space in your home, then consider getting a tankless water heater. They are much smaller than bulky tank heaters and can typically be installed on the wall.
- One of the cons of a tankless water heater is that it has a high upfront cost. The cost of a tankless heater is higher than the cost of a traditional tank-style heater, and you can expect to spend several thousand dollars or more on a tankless water heater.
- Another downside of using a tankless water heater is that it won’t provide hot water in the event of a power outage. Gas models typically will still have hot water during an outage, but some models will not because they use an electric component.
Hire a pro for your tankless water heater repair
Does your tankless water heater at home need immediate repair? If yes, do not hesitate to ask for the help of a licensed and experienced plumbing contractor. There are many reasons why water heater repair should be left to a professional. One of the most important reasons is safety. An improperly maintained water heater is at higher risk of leaking and causing serious damage to your home. When you hire a tankless water heater repair professional, you can rest assured that your appliance will be properly maintained and repaired when necessary. Consult your local professionals today!
Comments are closed.