Mark Roemer Oakland Provides Details on How to Sell Your Home Fast in Today’s Market
According to Mark Roemer Oakland, many people need to sell their homes fast for fulfilling unexpected financial obligations, new job transfers, raising capital for a new business venture, and more. However, the process can be nerve-wracking, since you are short on time. Fortunately, there are several strategies you can follow to sell your home fast in today’s market.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips you can follow to sell your home fast in today’s market:
- Handle quick repairs – Even if you don’t have the budget or time to handle major renovations, consider applying a fresh coat of paint inside, swapping out outdated light fixtures, and installing new hardware on kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
Also, ensure you handle small repairs such as repairing loose door handles, tightening leaky faucets, patching up scratched or peeling paint, and fixing loose tiles.
- Improve the appeal of your house – If you want to sell your home fast, you must increase the appeal of the property to the maximum. That means getting it in the best possible condition before listing the property. Thus, conduct a deep cleaning of your property to clean and declutter the space. Rent a storage unit to unload all your personal belongings into it. This would allow your potential buyers to picture them living in the home.
Improve the curb appeal by trimming overgrown tree branches, hedges, and shrubs. Clear the walkways and paths of any debris. Clean the windows and doorknobs and remove any noticeable spiderwebs inside the property. Paint the front door to make it look more appealing.
- Settle on a selling strategy – Hiring a professional real estate agent would reduce a lot of hassle since they would have the necessary experience, strategy, and contacts to get your house sold quickly in your area and also handle the negotiations, contract prep work, and more. However, you have to pay them a commission which can be a hefty sum.
The alternative is to create a for sale by owner (FSBO) listing, but you have to be prepared to juggle contract paperwork, negotiate like a pro, consult an attorney, and handle other legal liabilities.
- Create a great listing – If you are going the FSBO route, you have to learn how to write a great listing to highlight the best features of your home, make your neighborhood look more desirable, and use professional photos.
- Set a suitable price and timeline for a price reduction – You have to list your property at a competitive price point to ensure it sells fast. To decide the price point of your property, you have to research and learn the average selling price of homes in your neighborhood. You can even set a timeline for price reduction and consider sales incentives such as improvement credits or upfront repairs.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests you pack up and hire a stager to help define space and make the rooms in your house appear larger. Be flexible with your showings and consider holding an open house to get multiple buyers through the door. Also, don’t hesitate to entertain potential buyers that request private showings.
Comments are closed.